With the many different apps available today you will need the right marketing strategy plan that will help your app stand out. This guide will teach you the steps that are involved in the marketing planning process.
Research your target market
Knowing who your users are and where they can be found will enable you to develop an effective marketing plan. This requires research.
Check out the other apps in your app’s category, read their reviews, and visit their social media pages. If you know how to look for it, you can find lots of information about your competitors on the internet.
Create a user profile
By coming up with a user persona you will be able to create a marketing strategy that catches the attention of the users you are targeting.
You must find out the following information about your target market:
- Pain points;
- Dreams, goals, and desires.
Set up a website
The purpose of your website will be to lead its visitors to your app’s product page in the app store.
Here are a few different ways to use your website:
- Add CTAs that will lead visitors to download your app;
- Host a blog that provides helpful information and increases awareness of your app;
- Build an email list so that you can send a newsletter and promotions to your subscribers.
App Store Optimization (ASO)
It can be very difficult to rank well in the app stores due to the high amount of competition. ASO can help.
Here are some important aspects of ASO:
- Title – Include the most important keyword;
- Description – Highlight the benefits of your app and include keywords;
- Screenshots – Show how great your app is;
- Category – Choose the category that your target market is likely to search.
Content marketing strategy plan
Creating high-quality content builds awareness of your app. For this strategy to work you must produce content on a regular basis and make sure it benefits your audience.
Here are some ways to implement this tactic:
- Blog posts;
- Social media posts;
- And more!
Organic strategies are great, especially when you are just starting out and don’t have much of a budget to work with. But in order to get the widest reach possible, you must be willing to spend a little money on paid advertising.
Here are some different options:
- In-app ads – These are located in other apps;
- Social ads – There are a large number of users on social media, giving digital marketers an amazing opportunity to reach a wide range of people with social media ads;
- Search ads – These ads show up at the top of the search engine results pages;
- Native ads – This relatively new advertising strategy is quite popular and shows great promise for mobile marketers.
Once your marketing strategy has been put into place you need to keep track of its results to make sure it’s actually working. Analyzing these metrics will reveal which campaigns are doing well and should be focused on, as well as which strategies are performing poorly and should be discarded. You can use Google Analytics for this step of the marketing planning process.
And you can conduct A/B testing to try out redesigned ads and other elements of your marketing plan. A/B testing will enable you to determine if those elements perform better than your initial designs and copy.
An effective marketing strategy plan can be difficult to achieve, but if you are willing to put in the effort the rewards will be worth it.
You can make the job a little easier on yourself by contacting an ASO specialist. With the help of an expert, your app’s rank and download count will increase!