SMS marketing is more than a spammy marketing tactic. Business text messaging might actually produce better results than you think.
What is SMS marketing?
Short message service marketing (SMS marketing) is a promotional method that uses text messages to notify mobile users about great deals and special offers. These messages can only be sent to recipients who have opted-in to the campaign.
The initial text message instructs recipients to reply with a certain keyword to a short code if they want to get more information regarding products or services. After the recipient has opted-in, that person’s phone number gets added to a list for future text messages.
Recipients can opt-out by responding “Stop” to the messages. This removes them from the list to ensure they will no longer receive text marketing messages.
SMS marketing advantages
There are several reasons why you should consider using SMS text marketing.
- High Engagement Rates – The engagement rates of SMS text marketing can often exceed those of emails and phone calls;
- Tracking Capabilities – SMS marketing platforms reveal which customers open your messages, which links get clicked, which messages are disregarded, and who disregarded those messages;
- Speedy Communication – Recipients typically respond more quickly to a text than they do to an email;
- Quick and Easy – It takes minimal effort and time to put together a short message and send it to a multitude of recipients;
- Personalized Campaigns – Including words like “you” or “friends” will make it seem more personal, which might generate a more positive response from customers.
How to use text message marketing
Read the steps listed below to learn how to use text message marketing.
Come up with a plan
You must determine the goal of your SMS campaign. Here are a few different ideas:
- Inform customers;
- Engage customers;
- Sell products or services.
You must also determine the following:
- Your target audience;
- The focus of the campaign, such as an event, deal, or product;
- If you need a landing page;
- The short code and keyword;
- The length of the campaign;
- If your SMS marketing efforts will supplement another promotional method, such as an email or in-store campaign.
Acquire and manage your contacts
If you don’t yet have a list, do some research to find the most effective and ethical strategies for building your list.
Segment your list for best results. With a divided list, you can create customized messages with relevant offers for each segment.
Selecting one of the SMS marketing services
Choose carefully. Do your research before settling on anything. Take a look at each provider’s features and prices.
Some of the best SMS marketing services include:
- EZ Texting;
- SMS Global.
When choosing your provider, keep the following in mind:
- Short code available;
- Keywords available;
- Message formatting capabilities.
Set up your campaign
Here are some tips that will help your campaign reach success:
- Create an attention-grabbing message that excite customers;
- Make a clear call to action;
- Allow recipients to interact/respond;
- Determine the best time to send messages in order to generate the biggest response.
Test your SMS marketing strategy
Keep track of the results of your SMS marketing strategy to ensure it’s effective, using A/B testing for this purpose.
Here are a few of the metrics you will want to monitor:
- Open Rate;
- Conversion Rate;
- Number of Opt-Outs;
- Engagement Rate.
Each test should focus on one campaign element at a time. As you test each element your campaign’s message content, keywords, coupons, and call to action, will improve. You will also discover the best time to send text messages.
SMS marketing should not be overlooked. When done correctly, mass texting for business purposes can bring positive results.
Read more helpful articles at AppRankCorner to learn how to make your app a success!